The legendary Volk Racing TE37 wheels available from TokyoSeven.com.
These wheels are a forged one piece aluminium wheel. They are made from the finest aircraft grade 6061 aluminium material and manufactured in Japan to perfection. The wheels are made by a process called hot forging. A solid piece of aluminium billet is heated and is shaped applying compressive force from a press. The 1st forging process is performed with a pressure of 5,000 kg’s per cm2. In the 2nd forging process 3,500 kg’s are applied per cm2. The lip is also forged to 3,500 kilograms per cm2.
Forging refines the grain structure and improves the physical properties of the metal. With the advanced RAYS design process the grain flow can be oriented in the direction of principal stresses encountered in actual use. Grain flow is the direction of the pattern that the crystals take during forging. Physical properties (such as strength, ductility and toughness) are much better in a forging than in the base metal, which has, crystals randomly oriented. The excess material left on the wheel is then machined off (to tolerance of 1/100 of a millimetre). Powder coating and clear coating is done by a special proprietary process to ensure long lasting quality and durability.
This is why forged wheels can be made much lighter and stronger than an equivalent cast wheel, as less material can be used for a much higher equivalent strength. Cheap wheels are gravity cast, and during this process microscopic air bubbles form in the casting, weakening the structure further over the original material.
- Please select from the size options below
- White & Bronze are the standard options
- Custom Colours are available depending on the colour and at extra costs. Contact us for more information.
- Price is for each wheel so you can buy spares or replacements, so enter the number of wheels you require.
- Our online store combines shipping automatically to help save on shipping.
- We supply ALL RAYS wheels at super discounted prices.
- Please enquire if the wheel you want is not listed as we can supply any wheel made in Japan or available in Japan.
- Center Caps are also available through TokyoSeven.com
- Wheel Nuts are also available through TokyoSeven.com